Sunday, February 4, 2018

COP 3 - Module Evaluation

The skills picked up through the past two years, alongside learning from mistakes, has made me more determined to work hard on COP 3. Choosing a subject that interests me has benefited the project massively, proving to be far more engaging than research questions in the past two years. It was highly challenging as writing an essay is not my strength but it allowed me to explore a subject I am interested in which is packaging design and it's effect on consumer buying behavior and decisions. Throught my dissertation I learned a lot of different techniques which brands are using to make the packaging appealing and grab costumers attention, so then it allowed me to use my gained knowledge in practical work and develop a final piece based on it. 

The practical side of the module has been my most enjoyable part of work this year because it allowed me to choose to produce an actual packaging design for my chosen product. My time planing wasn't that bad as always in terms of practical work as I planned out my time in order to not rush this design. This allowed me to book a print slot giving me a time for mistakes. Through this project, I learned manual folding and construction is still not my strength, but working on this project I surely did develop my skills. As for the practical work overall, it is rewarding to see producing a work which interests me. Finally, I can say that I have gained a portfolio piece that I am proud of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment