Sunday, February 4, 2018

COP 3 - Practical work

What were your initial aims?

My initial aims were to design an attractive and eye catching packaging which will grab consumers attention and influence their purchase decision. To do this would through the criteria of elements discussed in my dissertation to achieve success through packaging design. The final aim was to influence consurem purely through packaging design. 

What processes / strategies have you used and why?

Throughout my dissertation I researched throughly the elements that contribute to making successful packaging design. I tried to use each element from every single section from my dissertation to link it sucessfully to the practical work. These designs were then created and mocked up physicaly. 

Is the work effective (in terms of your aims)? In what ways? How do you know it is 
effective (testing)?

I believe that my work has turned out effective as I feel I've hit all the criteria in my aims.  I have tested this by asking a number of people their opinion on the packaging design. If it succesful or not, if the packaging design grabs their attention and why. 100 % of responders said they will definitly chose this design while seeing it on shop shelf mainly based on the packaging design as its attractive and appealing. 

Does it communicate what it should do (in what ways)?

It communicates a honey brand in a friendly, educational and appealing way without making any confusion. The aim was to draw in consumer, the transparent/ see thought designs are designed to make the consumer curious whats inside the packaging before opening. Once open the packaging should give unexpected contrast as compared to the outside. Overall the packaging with the use of wood pattern should give represents nature and freshness. 


What are the successful elements and why?

Successful emelents of the design is the invating and friendly look to attract consumers. I feel the design as a whole brings an very interesting story behing it. On the begining I wanted to make a packaging which will not only bring aethetics but values as well it will educate consumers about something. I feel this practical element is sucsessful to accompany the thought and discussion in the dissertation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment