Sunday, February 4, 2018

COP 3 - Packaging Design - Part 2

The received feedback was very beneficial as it gave me new ideas on how can I develop my box and how to make it look better and more attractive.

The first thing which I changed, and I feel it was the most important one, was colour of the packaging and it's pattern. White packaging looked very plain without grabbing a lot of people's attention to it. I have change it to orange colour and I think it was very beneficial because it made the box really stand  out and highlighted wood pattern which gave it a natural, luxury look.

The next change which I made was the logo. The logo was to big when placing it on the packaging. I tried couple of different ways placing it but it made to much distration and in terms of aesthetics it looked very bad. I've decided to use only the name of the brand on the lid in white colour as it contrast well to the orange wood. The main logo has been only used for the tag on the bottle.

In terms of a bee as beeing said 3D wings look very interesting but it would be hard to maintain them in good condition when it comes to transportation and keeping them at stores. Instead of 3D wings I've decided to cut them out and make them transparent so it gives an opportunity to see more whats inside the packaging also transparent wings allowed the light to come inside the packaging and light up the bottle as in the previous design everything was very dark and it was hard to see anything only throught the bee's body.



Feedback: 

As the test to see whether the my practical design was successful, I asked 20 people about their overall opinion, about my honey packaging. If the packaging is appealing and attractive (sucessfull) and if the packaging grabs their attention and why. 

100% of the people I asked would definitely buy my honey based on packaging. 
Overall feedback: 

- The colour catches their eye to pick up the product. 
- It is inviting  and friendly. 
- They love a little story behind the honey and how it links to the packaging. 
- Appealing to their tastes. 
- They would definitely but this product based only on its packaging design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment