Sunday, April 23, 2017

Practical work - Video

Using the manipulation techniques which I have analyzed in my essay I have created a commercial promoting food for rabbits. It was good to start from creating posters, finding a slogan so based on that I could create a video. The video lasts for 34 seconds only, covering everything I wanted to achieve in it, especially I have shown my chosen manipulation techniques used in the adverts. I have started from the voice, making the rabbit being a narrator of the commercial, by using this technique of manipulation it makes the viewer feel an emotional closeness or empathy with the animal. I had a bit of trouble with the voice as I don't know any children so I had to ask my friend to record the audio which I had mixed to add more softness to it to make it seem like a kid's voice. The next step was to use 'Catchy Jingle' it is catchy musical composition. For it, I have found a song 'Life of Riley' by Kevin MacLeod. I have chosen this song as I wanted to add catchy, sweet, childish music as the background for the video which would suit perfectly children's voice and make the advert be more interesting and engaging. Also, it would make viewers remember the advert. In the commercial, I had used the idea of using 'suitable words'. The text about the food which I had to prepare for the video was taken from the real packaging. I had to use bright colors as these are active, eye-catching colors with a friendly nature that may induce a sense of courage and energy referring to the healthy lifestyle. The last part of the advert looks the same as in all pets at home commercials. Simply white background with the logo and chosen slogan. I have also used the idea of manipulation by using 'Expert's opinion' this is why I have finished the advert with the sentence 'Recommended by Vets' to make the advert more appealing. If other people, particularly experts, believe in something, this is used to convince the reader that it must be right and make the company more trustful. 



Feedback 

Do you think the final outcome for the commercial is successful?  Yes/No and why? 

- I think yes, you have clearly represented your idea. Watching this advert you don't need to think what is it about. 
- Yeah, like it 
- Kind of 
- I think you could try a bit to show some story thought it, to grab viewer's attention more. 
- Yeah as the message is clear. 
- Yeah 
- Maybe not successful but it has potential 

Would you buy this product after seeing this commercial on TV? 

- Yeah, if I would have a rabbit :) 
- Yes, but firstly let me buy a rabbit heh 
- Maybe if I would have a rabbit 
- Probably yes 
- Yes
- Yes
- Maybe 

Would you change anything? 

- The background in two last scenes should be improved. 
- Not really 
- Maybe just the background, to recorded in the park or something to make a connection with posters which have a lot of green colour. 
- I think the voice could be changed to more childish one. 
- It would be good if you will add once again the food packaging on the end of the advert to make the viewers remember it. 
- You could improve the background and the scene before the last one is a bit pixeled (close up to the bunny's face) 
- The background behind the rabbit could be changed (you could use the green screen) 

Do you think I clearly showed different methods of commercial manipulation? 

- Yes
- Yeah 
- Yes 
- Yes
- Yes, sort of 
- Yeah 
- Yes

If, yes what kind of methods have you noticed? 

- Speaking animal and catchy music, suitable words
- Bright colors, this catchy music in the background and 'Recommended by Vets' it's some kind of manipulation as well I think, can't remember the name of it. 
- Music 
- Speaking animal directly to the audience, catchy background music, and bright colours. 
- The background music, speaking rabbit, and vets recommendation.
- Speaking rabbit, music, the use of suitable words 
- Music, good choice of words, speaking rabbit, bright colours. 

Any other feedback? 

- Love the music in the background.
- Good work 
- Cool, love the rabbit 
- Good one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment